Sunday, February 27, 2011

1 more day until Cleanse begins

So whereas half a cup of coffee makes my kind of insane and twitchy, J on the other hand seems to be able to handle caffeine in unhealthy amounts, which I think is going to be his big challenge during this cleanse. He kept track of how much he consumed for a few days, and here are the results:


Monday
7am - Can of Pepsi 38mg
8am - Double Red Eye estimated 150mg
11am - Can of Pepsi Throwback 38mg
12:30pm - Bottle of Bawls 66.7mg
2:15pm - 350ml of Pepsi, approx. 37.8mg
7:30pm - Can of Pepsi Throwback 38mg 
Total caffeine = 368.5 mg
Tuesday
7:00am - 710ml bottle of Pepsi 76.68mg
8:15am - Double Red Eye  estimated 150mg
1pm - Can of Pepsi 38mg
2:45pm - Bottle of Bawls 66.7mg
7pm - 500ml of Pepsi 54mg
9pm - 500ml of Pepsi 54mg
 Total caffeine = 439.38 mg 
Wednesday
6:55am - 710ml bottle of Pepsi 76.68mg
9:05am - Double Red Eye estimated 150mg
2:15pm - 500ml of Pepsi 54mg
8:30pm - 591ml bottle of Pepsi 63.68mg
Total caffeine = 344.36 mg 

So while it wasn't as much as I thought it would be, most likely because he didn't have any energy drinks, I'm still personally amazed. He usually only have energy drinks on weekends or really stressful days and unfortunately we didn't get any data on those days. I should point out that Health Canada says that up to 400mg per day for healthy adults is allowed.

PS: Coconut popsicles were REALLY TASTY! but the shredded coconut in it was kind of annoying, might try grinding it into a powder next time.

2 comments:

  1. I thought he would have had a lot more caffeine.
    I'm gonna make some of those popsicles man!

    -Treania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!! but I think it's that we tracked three days when he didn't have any energy drinks (besides Bawls).

    Let me know if your popsicles turn out, I think a different milk than almond might work better, but it was all I had to thin them down a bit.

    ReplyDelete