So it's getting down to the wire, we're starting on Monday and I personally am kinda terrified, I LOVE food, and I love BAD foods... I make really good vegan treats, but I still can't bring myself to really love them because I know that they are bad for me, it's a problem... I have however made some food in preperation for the cleanse, yesterday I whipped up a batch of White Bean Soup my only change was to use unsweetened coconut milk instead of vegan sour cream (since that's what I had on hand) I think it's going to be really tasty with some rice in it or maybe leftover chicken. I also made some toasted-coconut popsicles (recipe below) tonight, which I'm hoping will fill my need for ice cream since they should be nice and creamy.
I'm making a huge pot of chili on Monday, that's something I know I love, that I can eat :)
Toasted-Coconut Popsicles
3 tbsp toasted sweetened coconut*
1/4 cup plain almond milk (though I'm sure skim/rice/soy milk would also work)
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
2 tps stavia (or sugar)
Mix all ingredients together and pour into your popsicle mold (mine only makes 3 and each is approximate 1/3 of a cup of liquid) freeze and hopefully enjoy.
*Toast coconut by placing it on a cookie sheet in a 350F oven for a few minutes, make sure to keep an eye on it, since it toasts quickly, take it out once it goes golden around the edges, it'll toast a bit more around the edges after that.
Love your blog - I'm curious about cleansing. My dad did one once and felt better afterwards. How were the coconut popsicles? Sounds exotic!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!!
Janette
My mom and step-dad have had great results with the cleanse, so I figured it couldn't hurt to try!
ReplyDeletePopsicles were really good. I just tried one, but I have to say the shredded coconut, while tasty was kind of annoying, so I think I need to try grinding it up or something :)