Saturday, February 12, 2011

16 days until Cleanse begins

Last week I found out that my eczema, which has been driving my psychotic, is possibly caused by the foods I eat, mainly milk and milk products, eggs and peanuts and wheat (which is about 75% of my diet). I tried for a few days to keep a food journal but that just wasn't cutting it so my husband suggested maybe trying the cleanse my parents had done a while back. I was terrified at the idea (I'm a REALLY picky eater) but when he said he would do it with me and even try to cut out pepsi and energy drinks, I agreed. My mom dropped off the book, she had used as her guide (The Hormone Diet by Natasha Turner, N.D.) and after reading a bit, and getting terrified, we chose a start date: February 28th (we decided to wait until J's work schedule levels out again to a 5 day week).


Today we went to do groceries, mostly just our regular stuff and get an idea for what was available that we would be able to eat, since I REALLY DON'T LIKE VEGGIES AND FRUIT! but I do promise I will eat a lot more during the cleanse mostly since I'll have to. But I was actually pretty excited by finding some crackers that look really tasty and gluten/sugar/peanut free and some almond spread which I can eat with my apples instead of peanut butter (which I am enjoying at the moment).

So the next few weeks we will be figuring out meal plans and food plans for the dreaded 14 day cleanse. I'm hoping that by blogging about this I'll actually get through it the 14 days without cheating and in the end we will both be the better for it. Yes we are both overweight, but neither of us is doing this as a diet, but mainly because I get a lot of headaches, my eczema has been bad and my mood even worse and rumour has it, this thing actually works... I guess we'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment