Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 5 of Cleanse

Again today is Saturday but Friday was a good day. While I still REALLY want my old food and I kind of hate going out in public because of the reminders, I'm getting a bit more used to eating random healthy stuff. It's not as scary for me anymore, though I must say, I'm still not really enjoying the experience.

S's Food for the Day
breakfast - mashed potatoes (butterless and milkless... water works)
lunch - leftover chicken meatballs
snack - don't remember (sorry)
supper - rice with curried coconut chicken*

 *Slow Cooker Curried Coconut Chicken modified from this recipe
Yield 3-4 servings
 Ingredients
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into 1" chunks
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp curry paste (I used mild)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 8 ounces of tomato sauce (plain)
- 1/2 a can of coconut milk
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- chili pepper flakes (to taste)

Directions
1. Heat oil, curry paste, onion and garlic in a skillet for a few minutes. Add in chicken and water, make sure chicken gets completely coated in the curry mixture. Cook until juices run clear.
2. In slow cooker, mix together tomato sauce and coconut milk, add in chicken and curry mixture. Add in salt, pepper and chili pepper to taste. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. (You could also leave the mixture to simmer in skillet for an hour or so, but this worked better for me as I had errands to run)
3. If you want the sauce a bit thicker, transfer mixture back to skillet while making your side and simmer until desired thickness (about 10-15 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment