Unlike the wonderful J, I'm having a bad time with this whole thing. It's not as difficult for me as I thought it would be, I can sit with someone eating a chocolate bar without being crazy or anything, it's just annoying! Today for instance I went to the store for some juice, since herbal tea and water were getting redundant, grape juice was all I could find that didn't have sugar in it and OH MY GOD! those first few drinks were like being slapped in the face! It was SOO sweet. I ended up watering it down a ton and it's still barely bareable. This seems so bizarre to me, I love sugar but I guess after 7/8 days without it, my taste buds were a bit thrown off. I even turned down some free cake today without getting sad about it! and it was cinnamon cake too!
S's Food for the Day
breakfast - half a mixed fruit smoothie
lunch - rice and chicken
snack - almonds and assorted rice crackers
supper - Chicken and Potatoes
J's Food for the Day
breakfast - mixed fruit smoothie
lunch - Curried coconut chicken, and asparagus
snack - Rice cake, assorted nuts and the rest of S's breakfast smoothie! Thanks :D
supper - Chicken, potatoes, and cabbage
J here...The only thing I really truly miss is Pepsi. Seriously. Getting home from the office after working a stressful day to a refreshing glass of water. Just doesn't cut it. I'm considering NOT re-introducing Pepsi and/or caffeine back into my diet for a while...I know it's bad for me, ultra bad for me. Not that I'm doing the cleanse to shed pounds, but I'm sure if I'd stop drinking it, I would. We'll see, I guess.
I think doing something like this would even be hard for me. I'm thinking about doing it, eventually. I wouldn't have too much to take out of my diet, but I know I'd miss sugars and caffeine. I think you're doing awesome. You guys are more than half way done. If Jesse is really thinking about taking Pepsi out of his diet if he wants a pop after the cleanse BlueSky makes a good cola and a few other flavors. Caffeine free, the only thing is it some flavors have cane sugar in them.
ReplyDelete-Treania
I used to love BlueSky Lemon-lime soda, I've been drinking it for years, but I think they stopped making it because I can't find it anywhere anymore!
ReplyDeleteI don't think you would have too hard of a time Tre, you might have some withdrawal (sugar and caffeine) but honestly that pretty much goes away after a few days and then it's just cravings (at least on my part)